Monday, May 07, 2012

Writing that inspires

Things have been a bit quiet here lately. I've been investing all of my blogging time in 26 Treasures of Childhood, part of a project I'm working on with the Victoria & Albert Museum.

But it's a public holiday here in England today, so I have a little bit of spare time. Here's a short video of the brilliant Etgar Keret reading a story from his new collection, Suddenly, A Knock at the Door (thanks to Dan Powell for the video link).


I'm just about to buy the Keret book on Amazon and here are two others that I'll be slipping into my shopping trolley, new collections from writers Nik Perring and Tania Hershman. I've bought their books in the past and really enjoyed them. Best of all, like Keret's work, it's the kind of writing that inspires me to write.



Tania's book has got its own trailer.....


No comments: