Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Plant life

My main contribution to the gardening at home is to cut the grass and dig holes where I'm told to. But I enjoyed the ceramic flowers I found on a summer visit to the Botanic Gardens in Ventor.

Frances Doherty's pieces were strange, unexpected and beautiful. I particularly liked the simple words that came with them. A glimpse of the story behind each work made for an engaging encounter.

"Scruffy" hydrangeas...


While cycling in Holland...

Scarlet poppies...



 From another inspiring cycle with friends...



 Frances wasn't the only person planting pleasing words in the Ventnor garden. I think this is the best "sorry for the mess...." sign I've ever read.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning, Neil. Unfortunately, I can't provide such a perfectly coherent explanation for my various messes! Lovely lil' post, sir, and cycling in Holland sounds like just the thing. All for now ...

With warm regards,

Sean